Welcome back to Boys Will Be Boys, so Handmake Their Toys!
Today I have a tutorial for a game that even the youngest boys can play. Bonus, it’s a game that doesn’t make any noise. [not that I can promise anything about your kiddos...]
- Two different materials – something sturdier than quilter’s cotton is preferable [or you will want to add interfacing]
- Hot glue gun [or craft glue - but hot glue will hold better]
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
1. Cut the two different fabrics into approximately 4in x 7in pieces. Each domino will use two pieces, so you’ll need to cut double the number of rectangles as dominoes you want to make.
2. Cut felt shapes – you’ll want at least three of each shape. The more matches you have, though, the more fun the game will be. And the more time your little one can spend playing it. Then, using either hot glue or craft glue [hot glue would hold better], attach the shapes to your fabric.
3. Put the fabric pieces right sides together, then zig-zag stitch around three sides.
4. Clip the corners and turn the pieces right side out.
5. Fold the unfinished edges under and press. Use a pin to hold in place.
6. Top-stitch around the edge of the dominoes.
And now you have a game that your boys can play over and over, matching the shapes together. Or using their imaginations to create their own rules!
And today, we have another awesome giveaway. Kate from See Kate Sew is giving away a bundle of her three softie patterns — so you can make your kiddos an owl, a hedgehog, and a dinosaur! [this giveaway is now closed]
What little boy [or even girl!] wouldn’t love those adorable creatures added to their collection?
To enter, simply leave a comment telling me what animal softie you think the little one in your life would like the best.
For additional entries:
- Like See Kate Sew on Facebook
- Like If Only They Would Nap on facebook
- Like Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy on facebook
- Follow If Only They Would Nap on twitter or pinterest
- Follow Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy on twitter or pinterest
- Follow See Kate Sew on twitter or pinterest
Leave a comment for any of these extra entries for them to count. The giveaway will be open through Saturday.
Now hop over to Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy and check out her awesome Pokemon card pouch.